Monday, February 10, 2014

29 Faces Challenge: My Day One and Day Two (Day 9 and 10)

As mentioned on the Challenges Page... I am getting a late start on the 29 faces challenge. So my Day One is Day 9. But better late than never or so I've heard from other procrastinators and late bloomers. I have never studied how to draw a face and so I have no idea of what I am doing or even what medium I want to use or style I want to practice.

I am truly loving and being inspired by everyone's pieces. I don't have time to comment on everyone's pages...but I am in awe!

DAY ONE (Day 9)
Reminds me of a police crime sketch artist drawing.
 Did I mention the last face I drew was over 20 years ago?
My first face is a simple sketch in pencil in my sketchbook. I didn't use a grid and used a variety of faces in the local paper to assemble something human.
DAY 2 (Day 10)
Just trying a medium I have never used and playing. This is Gladys .



I have never used oil pastels. Well...years ago I picked them up. I think I tried them and thought: What the hell is this smeary stuff? It was too much like smearing feces or something. But this time I had fun. Clearly I need to learn some technique and skills, but I enjoyed myself. 


No comments:

Post a Comment