Wednesday, February 12, 2014

DAY FOUR: Meet Daisy (Day 12)

Welcome back!

I have been inspired by a lot of what I have been seeing on artist's blogs. I really like the "big eye" look and so I googled it... 


Anime was one of the first things that came up on the search. Some of what came up reminded me of The twins from "The Shining". I think this is their little brother and his dog:


You would be lucky to own a Margaret Keane
and you compare her art
 to a Jack Nicholson movie?

After a bit more searching, the look I wanted came up as "folk art" inspired. I spent a lot of time looking at folk art styles of painting and drawing.  This is "Daisy". She is marker and colored pencil on really crappy paper that began to roll up under the wetness of the markers.  



I worked on this last night and finished (for the most part) this morning. Last night at watercolor class I also painted my first color wheel in close to 20 years. I actually set up several pallets for several projects...none of them face related...It was two hours of complete bliss!

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Jen thank you for popping over to my blog and leaving your lovely comment :). I love your folk art face I like how you have given her a hat and the little waves of her hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I need to learn more about folk art. I find it's whimsy appealing and lighthearted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're off to a great start! Fun hat!

    ReplyDelete