Friday, February 14, 2014

Day SIX (or Day 14)

Welcome Back!

Last night and this morning I worked with Masa paper and watercolors to create a sugar skull. I know, wrong time of the year for such an activity, but I am taking a watercolor class AND I wanted to try something I had never done before.

The thing is, I think I painted on the wrong side of the masa paper...But either way, I was into it. I have since found a blog that describes best how to use the paper and mark it (duh). If you are curious you can find it here.

I also used some bright colors which I have been attracted to lately: Turquoise and rose.  Maybe there is some significance there...maybe not.

Thank you for stopping by!
JW



P.S. I found a site here that describes the importance of color. Sounds about right for me as I am striving to achieve the words listed below!

Turquoise, a blend of the color blue and the color green, has some of the same cool and calming attributes. The color turquoise is associated with meanings of refreshing, feminine, calming, sophisticated, energy, wisdom, serenity, wholeness, creativity, emotional balance, good luck, spiritual grounding, friendship, love, joy, tranquility, patience, intuition, and loyalty.

The color pink [or rose in my case] is the color of universal love of oneself and of others. Pink represents friendship, affection, harmony, inner peace, and approachability.

2 comments:

  1. I think your color choices are great! (It's also very interesting to read more about their significance.) I've never tried masa paper (I'm going to google it when I leave here)!

    I also think your dog faces are so much fun - they have lots of personality!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kristin! I was talking with the watercolor instructor and she said she thinks there was something wrong with the paper she gave me...she used some at home and it wasn't "spider webbing" the way it usually does...I am going to track some down and try again. Thank you for the nice words about my dog pictures!

      Delete